Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Prelude of Love, The Journey of Faith: Part 9 - Aftermath

So, four months later... The words written in the last two years have been tested in my life more than I would have ever expected. Even so, at that, the testing is something that is or should be... (I really don't know) common. I think... the testing is common, but the realization is not. Or, if the realization is, the acceptance is not. And honstly, sometimes, late at night... I don't want to accept it myself. My story is here. In the last many ramblings... And even in this next. This summer has been filled with lessons that I honsetly didn't want to learn... but believe... I honestly believe... that these lessons are ones that are finally shoving me forward. I often tell people, "It's not the years, it's the miles." Now, slowly... ever so slowly... but surely, the miles are starting to be tempered by years. In the last two years, Liege has taught much, and even let me learn some. But until now, it has been a frantic pace, going from one truth to the next, and then suddenly, last week, things changed. Two weeks before summer began, I thought that I was honestly done with this lesson for a while. Then, something happened. Lessons are learned most often, through pain, and last year, my heart was torn. When God first started to teach this lesson, The Prelude of Love, I thought that it was so I could Love a Friend of mine... A good Friend, who still holds a piece of my heart. It was not so. I'm actually not sure what happened, but even my Friendship with her was lost, despite my heart longings for its return, and for an extremely long time, I was simply healing from that. Then, one day, I was praying, and I told the Lord, "You know, I think I'm doing pretty good... I mean, when it comes to focusing on You, and not on females." I think, He laughed. A simple, laugh of one who knows what comes next, and knows just how little I know... And just how much I will, in the end, enjoy what happens. He may have even warned me, I can't remember for certain... But what I do remember, is walking, and hearing a Friend's voice calling out my name. As I turned and saw my Friend, I remember thinking, "Oh boy, Lord... What's this in my heart?" Eight weeks later, I still look at my Friend, and say, "Oh boy, Lord... What is this in my heart!?!" In 2 Peter, Peter says,
"So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things." -2 Peter 1:12-15
I used to wonder why he said that with such intensity. Three times in as many breaths. I think I now know. This entire Summer has been the aftermath of those verses repeated over and over again in this, some because of that tugging in my heart, and some because of other things that God is teaching... Almost surprisingly, I think I can explain it clearly. For you see, once you've reached the end of the verse, and added on that little bit of Love...
"...make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love." - 2 Peter 1:5-7
Do it again! Each time, the lesson is a little deeper, a little broader, a little fuller. Each time, we become a little more... Just like Christ. Remember, because you do it again. Remember because you repeat it. Remember because every time you do it... You Will Grow.
"For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." -2 Peter 1:8
I knew this before, but now I Know it. This is how you grow. Grow tall, grow strong, grow up. This is how you live Live in Reality... This is how you Love.
"As the Father has Loved Me, so have I Loved you. Now remain in My Love." - John 15:9

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home