Thursday, March 17, 2005

Mating with the World

I was having my prayer time this morning, when God showed me something from an interesting perspective. Right now I am not in Greendale, (which is a suburb of Abingdon, Virginia) which is where I live, instead I am in Washington State for a youth conferance. I am staying a my best friend's house, and getting more sleep than I knew existed. Anyway, as I was having my prayer time, my Liege (what I call the Lord[ the term 'Lord' is a derivative from 'Liege-Lord,' which is an old military term ]) showed me once again what the church, his bride, is like in this age. Tim's dog's name is Comet, and she is (I hope) going through heat right now, and she is trying to mate with anything that moves, and some things that don't. She's trying to mate with her blanket, bedposts, basically anything that there is that she thinks might be able to mate. Well, that wasn't much of a problem, until she started jumping on me. As I'm just sitting and praying, here comes Comet, latching on to me with her paws, trying to mate with me. Needless to say, everytime I threw her off, she just thought that it was so fun that I was playing with her, that she came back for more. Finally she got bored and went off to look for something else to play with. As I got back to praying, My Liege said, "That's my church." It took a little while to sink in, but Comet had been the prime example of what the church is like today. We flirt with the world so much, and when the world flirts back, we have no resistance, and very few of us even want to resist at all. His Bride is so enthralled by the world, that we have no time for our Fiancée, who loves us greater than any love that can be expressed. We are adulterers, we Christians are mostly people who have pledged our love to God, and then gone to bed with the world. Some of us have believed that we are better because we just look at the world, and stay away from most of it, except those parts that "Aren't really that bad," but we don't spend quality time alone with Our Love. If we claim to really love God, how can we stand to see and live with the world that is so careless with our God, and how can we stand to not care for them. There is a song that I both love and hate, the chorus goes...
Do you feel their pain, has it touched your life Can you taste the salt in the tears they cry Will you love them more than the hate that's been Will you love them back to life again?
We must love Our Liege so much that we are separate enough from the world so that we can love enough to bring them to our God, and finally say like Paul did in 1 Corinthians 11:1(NKJ), "Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ." Lord, may we all be able to say that soon! Livin' For Christ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home