Wednesday, July 06, 2005

We have lost ourselves.

Hey all, I thought I would explain what I'm about to do, in case no one has seen this style of teaching before.

This will open with a comment by someone, and be followed up with a question from the same person. Next, verses from the Bible will answer the question. These verses will be from the Disciples, Prophets, or any of those who followed God. Lastly, verses from the Bible, in which the writer is referancing something God was saying will finish with words of engouragement and/or challenge, with the last referance being an answer to the first question, quoted from the lips of Jesus, and cleaning up all that was said before.


" We have lost ourselves." -Aaron Bruun

"What will it take for Christians to wake up from this ever-deep slumber? What will shake this broken generation from the darkness that it is enwalled in?" - Aaron Bruun

"I have held my peace a long time, I have been still and restrained myself. Now I will cry out like a woman in labor, I will pant and gasp at once. Hear you deaf; and look you blind, that you may see." -Isaiah 42:14&18

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor deamons, neither heaven nor hell, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity toward God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, you who are in the flesh cannot please God." -Romans 8:38-39&5-8

"For this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your Faith Virtue, to Virtue add Knowledge, to Knowledge add Self-Control, to Self-Control add Perseverance, to Perseverance add Godliness, to Godliness add Brotherly Kindness, and to Brotherly Kindness add Love.

For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins." -2 Peter 1:5-9

"And Jesus immediately said to them, 'Take Courage, it is I! Don't be afraid!'" -Matthew 14:27

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.

These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." -Isaiah 42:16

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." -Isaiah 43:1-3

"Follow Me!" -Matthew 4:19



And so, "Do not merely listen to the Word, and deceive yourselves. Do what it says." -James 1:22

Your brother in our Liege-Lord Jesus,
-David Shore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home