Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Battle Belongs to the Lord



In heavenly armor we’ll enter the land
The battle belongs to the Lord.

No weapon that’s fashioned against us will stand
The battle belongs to the Lord.

CHORUS
We sing glory, honor, power, and strength to the Lord.
We sing glory, honor, power, and strength to the Lord.


When the power of darkness comes in like a flood
The battle belongs to the Lord.

He’s raised up a standard; the power of His blood,
The battle belongs to the Lord.

CHORUS

When your enemy presses in hard, do not fear
The battle belongs to the Lord.

Take courage, my friend, your redemption is near
The battle belongs to the Lord.

CHORUS 2X

We sing glory, We sing honor, power, and strength to our Lord.
We sing glory, sing honor, sing power, and strength
Power and strength
Power and strength to our Lord.



The Battle Belongs to the Lord.

That seems like something that we so often forget. Last Saturday (June 18th, 2005) I was battling against anger, fear, and rage within myself, I was doing all I could, and after a while of a loosing fight, Our Liege starting singing the first two verses of that song to me. I stopped, and said out loud, "The Battle Belongs to the Lord." And the battle was over, just "like that."

And I began to sing,

We sing glory, honor, power, and strength to the Lord.
We sing glory, honor, power, and strength to the Lord.

I worshiped like that for almost an hour. I really thought that it had been maybe 20 minutes at the most, but I was called for lunch and it had truly been nearly an entire hour. I guess that this is something that I needed to be taught, for if I had not been reminded by our God of the simple truth, I would most likely be soon discouraged as I begin to do everything I can to "Bring the Children Home" and things do not work as smoothly as I would like. But in truth, The Battle Belongs to the Lord.

Sometimes we go through great battles in our lives, times when we are in every essence beaten. It seems that we only then turn to Liege and not just ask for his help, but give the Battle back to Him. If we would only realize that the Battle is the Lord's, maybe we would not fall so easily, nor so often as we seem to do.

The battle belongs to the Lord.
No weapon that's fashioned against us shall stand.
The battle belongs to the Lord.

If we try to hold on to the battle and fight it on our own, we will not have Liege behind us, before us, and around us. If we remember to give our battles up whenever we walk in, Then No Weapon that's fashioned against us shall stand. For the Battle Belongs to the Lord.

And We sing Glory, Honor, Power and Strength to the Lord!
We sing Glory, Honor, Power and Strength to the Lord.

So often we say "The Lord helped ME do this," or "I overcame this temptation," or "I have won the victory." In doing such, we give glory to ourselves. In my own speech I hear myself saying these things. I say "The Lord is helping me through this" when I should really say "The Lord is carrying me through this, and teaching me along the way." Then we give Glory, Honor, Power and Strength to He who is Worthy, the Lord.

When your Enemy presses in hard, do not fear.
The battle belongs to the Lord.
Take courage my friend, your redemption is near.
The battle belongs to the Lord.

In Isaiah 35, the Bible says, "Be strong, do NOT fear; your God will come."
In Isaiah 41, the Bible says, "Don NOT fear, I am with you" and "Do NOT fear, I will help you."
In Haggi 2, 1 Peter 3, Lamentations 3, Jeremiah 46, they all say, "Do NOT fear!"

People define courage as being afraid and keeping on going. In Matthew 14 and Mark 6, The Bible says to "Take courage," but immediately after that, it says "Don't be afraid!" Through God, we will NOT fear!

The Battle Belongs to the Lord!

A book which I have been reading is entitled, "Your God is too Safe" and shows how we Christians have turned from thinking of God as a powerful and uncontrollable entity, into thinking of Him as nothing more than a figurehead who is safe and predictable. As C.S. Lewis said,


Safe? Of course He isn't safe. But He's Good.


Although He will demand things of us that we don't want to give, He is Good. We can be like Jonah, who obeys only after a Leviathon is sent after us, and even then with no love for the people and a griping mouth all the way, or we can be like Paul who sees Jesus and decides to joyfully give and change his life, loving those who hate him.

Even when we are fighting with ourselves and our own flesh, if we will surrender to God, The Battle Belong to the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home